Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Simple and Clean NIV Bible



This is a neat little bible that I thought had a good concept. It’s not a study bible, in fact there is no commentary at all,  no introduction to books or any sort of extra input apart from the insertion of some of today’s most well known worship songs. I was hoping that the songs would be found near the verses at inspired them but unfortunately they were dispersed at random throughout the bible.

As one who loves worship music, owning over 500 CD’s and 1000’s of MP3s I thought this bible would be a perfect match for me. But the reality is that although it’s a neat concept, having the lyrics within the pages of the bible and a short reflection on the song by the song writers, it didn’t really help in integrating the bible with worship any more than what I had already come to know.

It was nice to learn a little bit more about the songs that I so frequently sing, but it isn’t necessary to buy this bible just for that. It’s a great idea of having the cords for the top 20 worship songs in the back, but again it’s not necessary to buy this bible just for that. At the very end of the bible there are also 5 interesting pages going over what is worship, the history of worship music, celebrating worship music, and going beyond the music.

Overall it’s your ordinary NIV bible, simple and clean with a small exception of the songs. I look foreword to using this bible during my church worship, but I have to say if you already own an NIV bible then maybe don’t get this bible because you won’t likely miss out on much but rather get a another translation altogether and experience something new.
Thank you to Zondervan for providing me with a copy of this bible for my honest review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment